12 May 2012

Something to fall back on...

'Don't listen to the clamor that goes on in your mind. Wait for the small, quiet voice.'

I read this in one of my morning meditations, and I felt it is something that I need to keep reminding myself.

So often something happens, and the clamor in the mind is truly loud. Opinions, suggestions, directives....all equally strong, pound the mind, and each one sounds so right, probably because they are so loud. And the louder they get the more sure they seem, and come across as the only way forward, the only way to act/think/be... .

And.......... invariably these end in some form of grief/disappointment/unhappiness/misunderstanding/strife.....

This is something we all battle with many times every day.

When I'm in the 'aware' frame of mind, I just wait till the noise dies down - don't do anything and go about my routine work. But if it catches me unawares..................I promptly fall into the trap....

So, something I'm working towards, and working really hard on, is to still myself, hold myself down quietly, and let the clamor die down, and then wait for the quiet little word, the whisper. Thing is, till now the whisper has never failed me - so I ask myself, then what's the hurry to act/speak/do....?

One day it WILL happen..........