05 May 2012

I read this...

in my book of meditations - Streams in the Desert.


A little seed lay on the ground
And soon began to sprout.
"Now which of all the flowers around,"
It mused, "Shall I come out?"

The little seed said to itself: "I don't want to be a lily, for lilies are so cold and lofty. I don't want to be a rose, for the rose is loud in color, it dies quickly, its edges wilt and it isn't very practical. I don't want to be a violet, for the violet is too small, too dark, and grows too close to the ground." Thus, the little seed was critical of everything around it. It found fault with all its neighbours. It didn't like the color of some, the perfume of others, the size and shape of others. It had nothing constructive to offer, even in its own behalf.

And so it criticized each flower
This supercilious seed,
Until it woke one summer hour
And found itself a weed!

We really don't need to be like anyone else......there is a place for each one under God's sun, and all we have to do is to love ourselves, love where we are, do what we can to the very best of our abilities in the place that He has placed us, and above all, love the God who created us for His purpose....



And so, there are weeds, and weeds, and weeds....and,
I may be a weed, but I am God's weed......