04 August 2011

A teacher's ramblings...

I feel a great sense of fulfillment and happiness when my old students get in touch with me. It's not a regular kind of keeping in touch that they do - instead, all of a sudden I get a 'Ma'am I love you, and miss  you', or, a 'Ma'am I'm thinking of you', message, which absolutely and totally makes me go all weepy-eyed and woozy...

'Grown-up' kids is another thing I seem to stumble over--to me they are still in shorts or skirts or pinafores. Yet, some of them have school-going children now!

Best is, of course, the things I learn from them. One of my fav's taught me something new yesterday - life funk - isn't that a thoroughly and brilliantly evocative way of referring to an unsettled period of life? Realignment of different periods of life is also something I learnt from the lad - real wisdom, that from 'out of the mouth of babes'...

Sheer pleasure and joy to see my 'kids' flower....