06 August 2011

It's the barista...

on whom the taste of coffee depends - is what I've discovered. I'm a complete and total coffee person, and how I make/get my coffee really matters...this is something about myself that I stumbled on, because how else can I explain the wonderfully uplifting feeling a good cup of coffee gives me.

The whole matter of the taste of coffee comes up when I go to a café. CCD, initially was a great hit, so was Barista (the café). The baristas knew how to give you a really good cup of the brew. Now, sadly, it depends on which barista makes your coffee. I love mocha - but with HOTHOTHOT chocolate added to the coffee - no cream, and I totally love the barista who can make it like this - and there some - especially barista Iqbal in the Barista outlet near New Market...

Starbucks - if you're lucky, you've got it...................again!.............otherwise it's 'could you heat this up for me please?'---------------and anyone but anyone who loves coffee will know what kind of GHASTLY brew happens when coffee is microwaved...

Costa has been so far - a good coffee experience...

A cup of good old South Indian coffee in a Saravanaa Bhavan or Murugan Idli restaurant NEVER EVER EVER goes wrong...

Wish baristas would know how important they are in the life of a coffee lover!

Raising a toast (of coffee) to the baristas who make the day of all coffee buffs world over!