07 December 2016

Sharing...

a story I wrote...

You'll find it here:

http://www.ibuzzle.com/articles/a-girl-named-maya.html

I came to know Maya when I stayed at the Christapanthi Ashram in Sihora for 3 months. I visited her home in Bhatiya village and met her mother and sister. My heart went out to Maya and all the other girls I met during my stay there. (I would tag along with the Sisters as they went on their work to the neighbouring villages.)

How I wish for these girls to break or at least bend the bonds of cruel tradition that cripple them and LIVE their lives. These are beautiful girls.....hardworking, unquestioning (sadly so), and yet full of love and laughter.....till they are married off. The laughter survives in some of them, while others live out their fate as best as they can....I love them all.