09 November 2016

I came across this fascinating lady...

Sande Chase, who went straight to my heart.

And I found her thanks to Vicki Archer. I've been following Vicki for many years. Her page http://vickiarcher.com/ has held great attraction for me, not only because I love to look at and study French fashion but also because she showcases people and places very charmingly.


Sande Chase is battling Glioblastoma Multiforme brain cancer.

Her thoughts and words carry infinite wisdom. I'd like to share what I culled from Vicki's website.

1. I always make time to watch the sunsets, which I have become fascinated by as a gift of nature that is shared by the whole world. I take them as a message that we need to share our world, not divide it. We have somehow mixed up citizenship with ownership of our countries and the world. This saddens me for the generations ahead.

2. I love starting my day with beauty and communication.

3. I like that I took permission to speak my mind and remove toxic or negative people from my life. It is essential to my well-being right now.

4. Ageing in a physical sense or number never concerned me for some reason. I would have liked to embrace physical activity more instead of always living in my head. I did so a few years ago with cycling, which I loved.

5. I can’t say I dislike getting older. I recently accepted that this is my old age right now, I am living it in a condensed and accelerated version and I have claimed it as gracefully as I can. I find I reminisce about all the stages of my life. It keeps me grateful at a time when I could choose to be bitter but I refuse to give into that. I have had a wonderful life supported by love and beauty and amazing people.

6. I would have asked my parents and grandparents more question about their lives. Our family has discovered a most interesting ancestry and lineage from France to New France (Canada) and I have many questions.

7. I wish I had been more supportive to people going through what I am going through now. I always did something but not enough. I was always worried about being intrusive and I missed opportunities to be more supportive. I wish I had been the first one at their door when something happened.