17 August 2013

We know we cannot ignore...

the hurt we feel when we look back at what has hurt us and maybe even almost destroyed us...and we work and work hard to dealing with this...

Nor, equally, can we ignore the hurt we feel when we look back at happy memories....These need to be faced too - head on. We have to get a grip on their meaning if we are to experience the fullness of life.

And when Life thinks you are ready, believe me, God sends the right person to help. The only thing is that you have to allow yourself to open up to the pain...

I had solidly kept the door on the happy memories of my growing up years in Leonard, closed. I never thought that I'd be able to handle the happiness of those years....and of who I was...my carefree life with my parents and brother.....I guess the good Lord felt, in His wisdom that I was ready to open that door, and he sent a very gentle soul - one of my Dad's students - to do that....I'm still dealing with the pain but I know that this was needed. The time was right....you can never fault God's timing...nor deny the strength you feel - the strength He pours into you...

I realize that the development of an independent spirit hinges on being able to face and deal with hurt - hurt of pain and hurt of happiness...