22 August 2013

I want to clear up...

a misunderstanding that might have popped up from my last blog...

When I said that we need to make a list of all the things we can do without, it had nothing - absolutely nothing - to do with the economic recession we are going through...The free fall of the rupee has a lot of people gasping..but actually it needn't....simply because there are a whole lot of things in our life that are really not important to our happiness....

We get so used to every whim being catered to, every desire fulfilled, every wish made true, that we leave no space for our own real selves to find happiness...and believe me, you don't really need much to be happy...

So just see what is really important and you'll be surprised....

A memory comes to mind. I could never afford expensive toys or for that matter any toys for my DD - so I read this about how one could make whole doll's house sets with empty match boxes glued together, colouring some and sticking colored paper on others....so I started collecting match boxes, and with her tiny hands helping me, we made all kinds of things....We had this huge box which used to help us whenever we moved ('cos we could pack in a lot into it)...she kept all these little match box things we made on top of that box, perched herself up or leaned on it....and she could spend hours playing with those....just hours....and she was as happy as could be...

So, we don't really need much - whether we can afford it or not - but we need to know what is important to us...and what is important comes out of searching our mind and heart.....