09 February 2011

Randomly thinking...

I lost a diamond from a set of 3 on my platinum ring. That ring meant a lot to me, because it was given to me by my husband 5 years back. Moaning about this to my dear friend, Malt, she showed me her ring, bought almost 20 years ago. Of the two original diamonds, one was missing. She'd lost it around the same time I had. Neither of us can really afford to go around losing diamonds...for us, these are once-in-a-lifetime things.

Talking about this, we realized that because we love the sparkle of diamonds and love wearing them, this was a risk we hadn't thought about.

What we did realize though, was how, instead of thinking about the years of happiness we had wearing our diamonds, we were caught up in the unhappiness of losing one of them.

And, what we didn't even stop to consider, and which could in all probability happen, was that we might be able to replace that one tiny diamond...

Point: don't drown in what's unhappy - there's the flicker of a rainbow always in the distance...just need to keep our eyes trained on that...