26 February 2011

Randomly rambling...

Every morning, when I go for my walk, I pass the early morning risers who stop by the tea stall at the end of the road for a cuppa. They stand around, or sometimes sit on a makeshift bench. Some of them are totally lost in thought while they sip their tea, some stare at nothing, minds blank, some indulge in pleasantries, and some discuss the day ahead. I've often wondered how they manage to sip their tea so slowly (the cups aren't very big, nor are the glasses), making each cup or glass last for so long, and so utterly indifferent to time...

And then it struck me...they actually relish each sip of tea. They enjoy the experience of sipping hot, sweet tea first thing in the morning, and they savor each sip. It also came home to me that obviously they push all thoughts of time out, knowing that they have to do what the day brings anyway, no doubt, but for now, it is just each sip of tea...

Then, my mind went one step farther, and I wondered, that could apply to everything...then nothing will seem like a duty or a chore...and in any case, what's the hurry anyway...