13 January 2022

Why should a place of worship be closed….?

 I felt the need to go to St.Paul’s Cathedral this morning. I felt the need for solace…. Went all the way there - from my home it is quite an expedition - only to find the gate closed. The guard at the gate said the Church was closed on account of the virus. 

When I went on the 24th of December, I paid an entry fee and a parking fee. Went inside and saw that all the pews had been cordoned off…because of the virus. So all of us who had gone inside to pray/see the Church/spend a little quiet time/meditate were milling around in the aisle. I asked the lady who was in charge of the gardeners who were decorating the pews if I could sit awhile, and she said noone was being allowed to sit. 

I wonder what Jesus would have said. He never turned anyone away. People mobbed him wherever He went….whether they went to Him for healing, or to listen to Him talk, or just to be in His blessed presence…. A house built in His blessed name had no place for all of us who went just to be in His presence.