03 August 2017

Back again...!!!!

I had a little problem getting the hang of signing in to my blog account since I am now in Dubai with my daughter. But, I did it, and here I am!

Dubai, as always fascinates me. Every time I come here, the city seems to have grown - skywards and outwards into the desert. The combination of the sea and the desert, with mind-blowing futuristic-looking buildings is unbelievable, simply because they all seem to be of a piece. I don't know how they do it, but they do and the end effect is just fabulous. Of course for the very rich it is a playground, but even for the ordinary, not-so-rich, there is something to grab their attention....something to touch their heart...something to excite their sense of adventure....for, this is truly a fairyland. Age-old traditions blend with the ultra-modern...the natural desert way is comfortable with the carefully-created super-luxurious way...the Arab lifestyle rubs shoulders with the lifestyle of people from around the rest of the world...strict codes of conduct exist quite comfortably without taking away anyone's freedom.....and the best is that nothing is reduced from the old, natural, Arab way to accommodate the ultra-modern, luxurious, cosmopolitan way. The two seem to have created a lovely blend....an exotic blend. Of course, where there are humans, a plethora of human emotions come into play. These may be difficult to contend with sometimes, but then that is life, is it not....? One can strive to be happy and not find happiness, and one can take life as it comes and find happiness and contentment...