01 December 2015

Questions...

Am I willing to step outside of myself to extend a helping hand to someone who is struggling? Or offer my shoulder for someone to lean on? Or give of my time to someone who is in distress/confused/hurt/sorrowing?

Am I willing - especially when I have a thousand things that need my immediate attention - to put everything aside and listen, really listen, to someone who needs to talk, or spend time with someone who is lonely.

Am I willing - when it is distinctly uncomfortable to do so - to extend a hand in friendship over miles of misunderstanding and hurt?

Am I willing - when it is certainly not convenient to do so - to walk an extra mile with someone who is  faltering and afraid to take the next step?

Am I willing - my own problems notwithstanding - to send a message to a needy person that I am there for them?