03 February 2014

Ever had this experience...

of waiting and waiting all year for an event, and then it turns out worse than bad?

This happened to me yesterday - I'd waited and waited all year for the Sufi Sutra fest...Sufism goes straight to my heart and the fest last year had been a fantastic experience - the energies were all there. It's a 3-day fest with different countries performing on the three days. I had chosen one day according to the countries that most attracted me. I did the same this year. Imagine, then, how I felt when yesterday went all wrong....the crowd was unruly, cell phones kept ringing and people kept talking on them, two fights broke out because people in front of us kept standing up and walking around obstructing our view of the stage....it was awful. After the program, I wondered why I was having trouble opening my mouth and realized I had kept my mouth clamped shut because of the stress....

I had to take a decision this morning if I would ever go again for a public function, and decided No, not ever again. Of course, one tiny voice whispered, it may not be so bad next year, maybe it would have been better if we had gone on a weekday - only thing was the countries that I wanted to hear were scheduled for Sunday - maybe...maybe...maybe... .

There's another public event coming up, that I had wanted to go for. I decided No, because no fest/event/function is so important that results in so much stress - positive energies or not...