30 October 2013

And possibly the only and best solution....

to dealing with our limitations - imagined, created, and real, is this from Lao Tzu, Chinese Taoist philosopher and founder of Taoism:

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."

Let go...............................In this moment, I am not even what I was a moment ago, and what I am in this moment is not who I will be in the next - so what am I hanging on to and holding on to..........In fact, when I am tempted to say, when I react to something in a typically predictable way, 'Oh this is what I am,' the question is which moment are we referring to???????? With every moment we are different.....we need to enjoy that difference and make that matter - of course it's not going to be all good, but then can one really have a photograph without negatives? can we have day without the night? and can we have a rainbow without rain?

This actually frees up the spirit and loosens us up, gives us the push to soar..................and we will be doing ourselves a great disservice if we let 'Oh this is what I am,' limit us...