26 October 2012

Talking to my DD...


always opens out a world of hitherto unthought of or scared-to-allow-into-my-mind possibilities. But, she, young and full of life and making sure that she extracts the most out of life, will not allow me to hide behind the limitations that I perceive or think I perceive, and sometimes even cook up. For everything she has an answer that I cannot fault, or poke holes in......and it sets me wondering......am I doing this to myself?? and the answer stares me in my face---------------yes, I am...

Got this, from this morning's meditation - and it was as if she had especially ordered it in for me with my morning coffee.

'You have powers you never dreamed of.' - and this is not to mention the powers that I know I have, but which I'm afraid to acknowledge, let alone use.......'You can do things you never thought you could do.' - again, lots of hiding here........'There are no limitations in what you can do except the limitations of your own mind.' - which is - admit it - so true.....

The quote was by Darwin P. Kingsley

Seems like it's easier to make excuses--in fact the amount of energy I expend in making excuses could better be used to doing the things that I really want to do......that come into my mind.........that I feel would make life interesting.....