18 October 2012

Something I got when surfing...


 'To my 15-year-old self': Things I wish I'd known. 

Robin Bernstein - Relax and let the future arrive on its own time and in its own way.

Oprah Winfrey - You've spent too many days and years trying to please others and be what they wanted you to be. You will have to learn that the wounds of your past damaged your self-esteem, Yet through it all, you've held on to a belief in God and God's belief in you.

Christiane Amanpour - Perhaps the most important thing I could say is to never be thrown by failure and mistakes. You will only achieve success if you know how to learn from your failures and mistakes. It's vital.

Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan - Carve your own path. Be different, explore the twists and turns on your way, and don't fear the occasional fall - it's part of every journey.

Victoria Azarenka - Never be afraid to show the real you and have fun.

Maria Shriver - Never think that someone else knows what's best for you. Trust your way and don't ask for so much advice. Learn how to be quiet and still enough to hear your own voice. It's up to you: Your voice will either be silenced or will get to roar.

Zaha Hadid - Trust your intuitions - even if they seem bizarre and strange.

Maria Sharapova - Don't put so much pressure in your life. There is always going to be room for improvement.

Vanessa Mae - .....improvise.... in your life

Arianna Huffington - Don't let that voice of doubt - the obnoxious roommate in your head - have the last word.

I was inspired by these words. They touched something within me. These are women who allowed themselves to feel-think-see-learn...so their words come out of the depths of truth. This is what I too am striving for.....to really go to the depth of what I am - not for anyone, but for myself...


You'll find more at:
http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/11/world/gallery/international-day-of-the-girl/index.html?hpt=hp_c1&iid=article_sidebar