24 May 2011

A new dawn breaks...

A new dawn breaks and I realize that I am orphaned - there is no one now above me to shield me from the storms of life. No matter how old you are, there is a sense of comfort in having a parent. No matter how old you are, there is a sense of loss of stability. There is no moderating influence, Whether you are separated from your parent by distance or estranged due to conflict or contradiction of thought, from somewhere deep within you, the parent continues to influence you, You may accept this influence, or you may reject it, but you cannot deny it.

There is a sense of being alone on the sea of life, open to every wind that blows...

There is a strange sense of devastation and vulnerability...

But the new dawn is here...and a new life is beginning...and I have to square my shoulders, look life in the eye, and carry on...

The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.