18 September 2010

Randomly thinking...

Routine - a scary word, because it conjures an image of doing the same things every single day. Sameness is something that can sap every bit of enthusiasm and joyfulness.

I've always been someone who absolutely viscerally revolted against routine, and yet i grew up in the most rigid routine possible, and was till a few months back in a profession that can only run on routine.

Strangely, it struck me a few days back, that this routine that I so reacted to, but carefully followed and observed, was actually the thing that formed the backbone of my days, and gave me time to do all the things I enjoyed and liked to do...that routine created order, and from that order came peace, so necessary to the happiness of a home.

Even more strange is the way my feelings towards 'routine' have changed. Now it is neither daunting, nor frightening, nor strangling. Within its confining limits, there is much that I can do...in fact, it now seems like a safety net!!