05 March 2015

Tithing...

of our lives.

Everyday that I spend here in the Ashram, I learn something new....something to correct my thinking, something to get me thinking, some thinking that I have to change.

One such incident happened yesterday.

The Acharya of the brothers' ashram brought some guests who had come to see the two ashrams and participate in the life of these two ashrams for a couple of days. Last evening they were to have a meal in the sisters' ashram in Sihora. After dinner, the Acharya spoke on how spending time in an ashram, serving and meditating, for certain periods of time - could be 3 months or a year, or even one month - during the course of our working lives, or even after retirement, instead of just whiling away time, was like tithing of our lives....I was totally dumbstruck.

We tithe the required amounts of what we earn or of what we have. Do we give a tithe of our lives?